Join Bellegarde's Graison Gill and Morgan Angelle to learn how to make the perfect loaf of bread. From grinding stone-milled flour, through the prep and baking process, this hands-on class will teach you the ins and outs of this skillful process.
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS. *Spots Limited!*
- Discussion of baking and milling history; ingredients and methods used in each. Context of localities and regions in shaping bread and milling traditions. Tasting of store bought bread and flour.
- Demonstration of stone milling. Explanation with different grains and the flour spectrum (fine, medium, coarse) and extraction rates. Tour of BELLEGARDE's stone mill.
- Introduction to the basic tools of baking (suitable for home use).
- Hand-mixing and baking with freshly stone-milled flour.
In this class, you will learn to bake:
- Louisiana Pecan Oil Ciabatta
- Heirloom Country Bread with Benne Seeds
- Heirloom Corn Fougasse with Pumpkin Oil and LA Cane Syrup
- Heirloom Wheat Biscuits