1. Discussion of baking and milling history; ingredients and methods used in each. Context of localities and regions in shaping bread and milling traditions. Tasting of store bought bread and flour.
2. Demonstration of stone milling. Explanation with different grains and the flour spectrum (fine, medium, coarse) and extraction rates. Tour of BELLEGARDE's stone mill.
3. Introduction to the basic tools of baking (suitable for home use.)
4. Hand-mixing and baking with freshly stone-milled flour.
1. Country Bread
2. Black Fig Cavatelli
3. Oat Porridge and Flax Bread with Grapefruit Pulp
4. Doughnuts (Vietnamese Coffee with Cardamom or Heirloom Rice and Plum with Cinnamon)
Please note: Refunds are not guaranteed and will be handled on a case by case basis.